If you are on a solo trip these 4 things are good for you to know.
You must have heard about a solo trip from your friends or family. You must have been through the social media accounts of people who have shared the different experiences along with the stunning pictures or videos of their solo vacations. But, is it that easy as it seems to be? Even the thought of going on a solo trip pops up countless numbers of the question in the mind. Isn’t it?
Well, I used to think the same. I really wanted to go on a solo trip but I was not sure how to execute it properly. Moreover, I was afraid of the consequences that I could deal with while traveling alone.
But let me clear that you don’t need a degree for executing a successful solo trip. With a little planning, you can easily get a hand on it.
Trust on me, traveling alone will give a new sense of life. It will open the doors of the solutions to many personal and professional problems that you might suffer from.
It will help you to know about different people and their cultures. It will help you to grow as a person by learning different things from the people that you don’t know yet. It will give an opportunity to open up to unknown people and understand their thoughts on any social, cultural or mental issue.
And, you might make a friend for life too!
Just to make your task easier I have come up with the top and best 4 things to follow for a solo trip. Let’s find out
1.The Big Plan
Planning is the most crucial part if you are going on a solo trip. You need to keep in mind the below-mentioned things before you start with the solo trip.
- Now that you have decided to travel solo, surf the internet and find a good and safe place to travel.
- Ask your friends/family to make a decision among different places, if you are confused.
- Choose a place which is in your budget so that you don’t left out of money because of the expenses while on the trip.
- Safety should be your first priority. No matter if you are a girl or a boy. Always opt for those places which are frequently visited by people.
- After making a final decision, find out basic information about that place which is as follows:
- For which reason that place is popular for.
- What are the touristy spots of that place?
- How expensive it is?
- What kind of food do they usually serve?
- Make a rough budget and plan accordingly.
2. Book a room
It is better to reserve a room in the hotel prior to reaching out to that place. Know why?
During the holiday season, a number of visitors increases as a result there might be such cases in which there is a shortage of room.
Also, the price reaches the hike. Therefore, it is a smart decision to book your accommodation before, so that you will not need to waste your valuable time and extra money searching for a room.
Look for the following things for a happy trip
- The hotel room should be on your trip’s budget.
- Look for those hotels which are offering various deals.
- The location of the hotels should be appropriate, it will be better if you will get a room which is nearby to a departmental store and which require less traveling.
- There should be an availability of public transport nearby to your hotel so that you don’t need to walk miles to reach your destination.
You need to be very careful while you pack since you are traveling alone, you cannot be dependent on the other person to carry the necessities required.
Have a look at the items that you require for a solo trip:
- Portable charger
- Earphones/Book to read for time pass
- Only the needed clothes. Do not pack extra stuff.
- Comfortable trousers and slippers/shoes.
- Extra cash for an emergency
- Required documents like identity proof/address proof etc.
- Water bottle
It is essential to eat healthy food while you travel. As no one is there to take care of your health other than yourself. So it is the time to be more conscious about what you eat. Always reach out to healthy travel snacks like yogurt, fruits, nuts, etc.
No matter if you are traveling in winters or summers, hydration is equally required.
Carry a minimum of 3-4 bottles of water with you. There is another alternative available in the market which will quench your thirst and has the same impact as of water but with a better taste.
“Cold-pressed juice” is what I am talking about. The freshly pressed juices are very natural and fresh. They do not consist of any adulteration therefore considered suitable for keeping you well hydrated and healthy throughout the journey.
At present, there is plenty number of cold-pressed juices available in the market. Now, you can also order these fresh cold-pressed juices online and they will be delivered right at your doorstep.
Just make sure to choose the brand wisely by going through its review, ingredients and the quality of their juices.
4. On the Trip
Since now you have reached your final destination focus on taking the most out of it by keeping these points in mind:
- Make a list of the places that you are going to visit each day.
- Buy a city map so that you can easily look for the destination.
- Hire a tour guide, if you need.
- Try to engage people in the conversation and know them more.
- Visit the lonely places during the day-light.
- Talk to the locales and find out the unknown or interesting things about that place.
Note to remember: Do not trust someone blindly. On a safety concern, refrain from going to the personal room/house of any locales even if you are warmly invited. You never know the intentions of an unknown people behind it. Make your decisions wisely.
However, the approach is different if your trip has trekking:
- Carry only the most essential clothes.
- Put on your trekking shoes.
- Do not litter and carry plastic bottles.
- Carry glass bottle to keep water and other healthy drinks as mentioned above.
- Be friendly to people so that in case of emergency they can help you.
- Do not carry your valuables on trekking except the mobile and some cash.
- Help others to make temporary tents and food as this will help in becoming more familiar to people.
- Respect the privacy of others. Since it was your decision to travel alone therefore don’t look for a person to accompany throughout the trekking.
- Avoid junk food like packaged drinks, chips, biscuits, etc. as they are extremely unhealthy and you might fall sick.
- Do not forget to take medicines along with you.
- Do not start trekking if you feel restless or exhausts from the start. Rather take some rest and then kick off the trekking to enjoy every moment.
There might be some situation in which your plan doesn’t go accordingly. But, don’t panic. Keep up with the flow and soon everything will fall on its place. Prepare yourself to expect the unexpected.
Traveling alone is a great time to explore unique places and dig out the things which most of the people are unaware of. Don’t think twice, if you have made the decision for a solo trip just hang on to these above-mentioned tips and thank me later.
Sending you warm wishes for the trip!