Is your hair damaged or lack that extra shine?
Or are you worried of constantly using hair care products that are packed with a constellation of toxic chemicals?
And not to mention the ridiculous cost of salon treatments and the significant time commitment. Then you have come to the right place.
This is where DIY homemade hair treatments come in. And while there are tons of DIY home hair remedies, nothing beats Coconut Oil hair treatment.
Apart from being a nourishing cooking and baking oil, Coconut oil is also amazing for hair care of any hair type. Hair experts call it the holy grail of hair care: it has lauric acid which supports hair growth, moisturizes dry spots and replenishes proteins. It also has antioxidants and antifungal properties, which help fight dandruff.
That is why; coconut oil is the key ingredient in the best hair masks. And the good news is- it is right there in your kitchen counter! So what are you waiting for? Whip up this all natural, cost effective hair care treatment (that actually works) and restore your hair to its former glory.
To help you out, we have gathered for you three easy to make Coconut hair mask recipes depending on your hair quality:
For damaged hair.
Virgin Coconut oil
Picture source: curetick.com
- Damp your hair.
- Then apply warm coconut oil evenly over your damp hair. Make sure every hair is coated, from the scalp to the hair tips. You can use hair clips to keep away hair from your face.
- Once you have finished oiling your hair, place a shower cap over your head.
- Let the oil mask sit for 1-2 hours. For deeper conditioning, you can leave it overnight.
- Rinse hair with lukewarm water,
- Followed by normal shampooing and conditioning.
For dry hair
2 Tbsp. Virgin coconut oil,
1 Tbsp. Honey and 1 Egg
Picture source: theplainsman.com
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Whisk the egg in a separate bowl.
- Mix the heated coconut oil and honey.
- Add the honey to the mixture and whisk until it’s consistent.
- Apply the hair mask onto your damp hair, coating your hair fully from root to tip. You can do this in sections.
- Put a shower cap on to keep your hair moist and also to avoid your sticky hair from touching your clothes.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off your hair with lukewarm water
- Shampoo and condition as normal.
For dull hair
2 Tbsp. Extra virgin coconut oil and
1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
Picture source: pretend.com
- Heat the coconut oil until it is melted.
- Add apple cider vinegar to the melted oil and mix it well.
- Apply the mixture to you dry or damp hair in sections, coating your hair fully.
- Let the hair mask sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
- Shampoo and condition as usual.
Adding any of these easy homemade hair treatments to your weekly hair care routine will get you stunning results instantly. All of the ingredients that we used are simple and affordable kitchen items, so feel free to give them a try. Let us know how it works for you!